Back in the day, web design required the expertise of hard-core coders, but this is not the case anymore. Today, there are numerous tools, as well as web design agencies in Dubai, to simplify the process. Typically, web design tools and agencies help to streamline your workflow and boost creativity, whether you are a newbie or an expert, require a standalone utility or a feature within a more extensive app.
While there are many tools, some with visual interface, text, and images as well as those that allow you to drag and drop links while others act as advanced text editors and will enable you to build your site line by line, you may be spoiled for choice. Luckily, here’s a list of some powerful web design tools to improve your website.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC
Adobe Dreamweaver CC allows you to customize and build a responsive site design directly without having any programming knowledge. The software uses a combination of HTML and visual editing, which makes it easy to use. Moreover, this software provides grid-based responsive layouts for different sized devices at once, which means it saves on time for developers who work on sites for mobile phones, tablets, and desktops. Besides that, Adobe Dreamweaver CC has the following pros:
- Quick and flexible coding. With a simplified coding engine, this tool allows you to code, generate, and manage dynamic websites conveniently
- Dynamic display on various devices. Adobe Dreamweaver CC allows you to preview edits in real-time, which ensures web pages meet the expectations and work well on all devices before publishing. This ensures that your site is adaptable and responsive regardless of the screen size
- Extensive integration options. Because this tool is from Adobe, you can effortlessly incorporate its system into other Adobe products such as InDesign, Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, etc
On the downside, to use this software, you need sufficient coding knowledge and skills.
Although Wix is more of a website builder than a coding platform, it’s among the most popular online web design tools for mobile devices and desktops. Regardless of your level of programming or technical skills, the tool offers a user-friendly template editor that allows you to create your site without any coding knowledge. Moreover, Wix offers the following advantages:
- Wide choice of pre-built designs. With a wide selection of tailor-made themes for a variety of industries, you can choose from over 600 designer-made templates
- Easy addition of animations. Wix is among the few web design tools that allow you to animate most elements, including texts, conveniently
- Access to a smart assistant. Wix provides Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) that functions as your assistant and helps you build your website. For example, ADI automatically selects the perfect design based on your target audience’s preferences and connects your social media profiles
Powering over 50 million websites worldwide, Weebly is a must have for both online and physical business that wants to build an online presence. Moreover, this is an excellent tool for those wishing to learn HTML. However, to use it, you need sufficient knowledge of HTML or CSS. Nonetheless, this tool has a variety of advantages, including:
- Highly responsive and customizable templates. Besides stylish themes, Weebly provides mobile responsiveness as well as lets you change from one theme to another
- Helpful SEO guides. Unlike other tools, Weebly prioritizes SEO. As a result, this tool provides extensive assistance and comes with a support center, which offers useful tips and advice on coding, keyword optimization, and improving site ranking
With over 30% of the top 10 million sites, WordPress is undoubtedly the leader in the content management system industry. Besides that, this free web open-source tool enables you to launch all types of websites, regardless of the industry. Additionally, you benefit from the following when you use this software:
- Full control of your website. WordPress allows you to own and control all your data from the content, to the website itself
- Access to numerous ready-made templates. With a wide selection of free and premium WordPress themes to choose from, it’s tremendously simple to customize your site
- Access to over 55k plugins. This tool curates a massive collection of plugins and add-ons to personalize your website, on almost everything you’ll require, as you scale up your business
- Easy integration of third-party tools. Being a household brand, WordPress allows you to integrate most of the popular third-party tools, including SEO tools, email marketing platforms, payment gateways, etc
Webflow is a cloud-based tool designed explicitly for those who wish to build a website but lack the technical knowledge of how to go about it. Although it’s relatively new in the market, Webflow has already integrated the most vital and essential aspects of web design entirely within the application. Besides that, Webflow comes with the following pros:
- Access to a full content management system (CMS). Webflow allows you to create and manage content without limitations that come from website templates, complicated coding languages, and content structures
- Advanced SEO. This tool lets you add or edit metadata, target relevant keywords, and create image-alt text
- Additionally, Webflow allows you to make sitemaps and customize 301 redirects automatically
- Responsive website design. With Webflow, you can create a responsive website for mobile devices using the readily available, blog templates, and more than 100 business portfolio
While this web design software comes with countless benefits, they are also plagued with disadvantages. Nonetheless, these tools will allow you to create utterly stunning websites easily and quickly. The trick is to choose the best web design tool that will address your goals accordingly, depending on individual or business needs. Also, remember that the best web design software must support your future objectives as you scale up your website and business.
About the Author: Fazreen Razeek works for a grafdom and is the leading web designer in Abu Dhabi . When he’s not pursuing his passion for education technology, Fazreen writes engaging content that aims to offer advice on trending web development and designing tools.